Tuesday, October 9, 2012

First Few Weeks


Jaida is such as expressive sleeper, she frowns, smiles and giggles in her sleep, and it’s the cutest thing to watch.  I still can’t believe that this precious little girl is ours to keep and that she is so perfectly healthy.  She has a little jungle/nature play yard that I’ve just started putting her in, and my oh my she gets so excited.  She kicks her feet laughs and tries to grab the elephant.  I could sit for hours just watching her every move.     Jaida is very strong and loves tummy time, she is always lifting her head to look around and she’s gaining more and more control.  We are still trying to figure out a routine to follow which is difficult because she never seems to eat at the same time except for at 2 am every morning.  She’s really good though when we go out; she sleeps really well in her car seat and doesn’t seem to mind it which makes life easy for me.  She honestly is a great baby, yes I get frustrated when she cries for feeding in the middle of the night, but once those 2 seconds of frustration pass I marvel at how beautiful she is and that I will one day get to sleep through the night again.  People always give you the advice of sleep when the baby sleeps, which don’t get me wrong it is great advice but very difficult.  I like to shower when she is sleeping or tidy or mainly get myself some food.  If I do by chance try to nap with her as soon as I lay my head down she starts to fuss.  Or if I finally get some food together and go to take a bite she starts to really fuss.  But on the days where our night had been really rough I nap.  Travis is great because he doesn’t go to bed until later I feed Jaida and then he takes her until her next feeding so I can sleep, it is very wonderful.
 

After Her Bath She Was Trying to Eat the Towel
 

No comments:

Post a Comment