Monday, October 22, 2012

Baby Blessing/First Time Swimming


So Jaida's blessing was on Sunday September 23rd.  My grandparents decided to make a weekend out of it and rented hotel rooms for my whole family.  So Saturday night we went over to the hotel, ordered Two Guys pizza (the most amazing pizza ever), and then went swimming.  This was Jaida's first time, I was a little nervous because babies are slippery when wet but we still did it.  We waded into the pool with her in my arms and daddy taking pictures on the deck, she did not know what to do at first, so she clung to me.  Then we went and sat by the hot tub to warm up and try again after she got use to it.  We went back in the pool which was really cold and hung out with uncle Kurtis, but then Jaida got splashed and that was the end of that, poor thing.  But since then I have been trying to take her swimming at least once a week, she typically sleeps the whole time but she is getting use to the water.
 
 
Thank goodness for Costco. I managed to feed 40 people hamburgers, hot dogs, and all other kinds of goodies with limited effort, except the hamburgers.  At the time of Jaida's blessing there was an E. coli breakout with beef, so instead of buying hamburger patties i had to hand make them all which was not fun but they tasted great :).  I am so grateful for my family and Travis' family for the support, help, and love they give us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment